Friday, August 28, 2009

Tri Season is Wrapping Up

Early mornings, long rides, and three a days have been my life for the past eight months. This being my most successful season, I must say it has been a wicked ride. Sidelined to run for the first three months, I figured I would do what I could finish middle of the pack and move on to the next year. As May rolled around I started running 4-5 miles with little pain, but knowing my first triathlon was a few weeks away I figured Id be screwed. When the weekend of June 6th came, my mom, aunt, and myself set off the the pristine Keuka Lake. I was registered for the Sprint triathlon. Hoping to perform pretty well, I geared up for the early morning Sunday showdown. Coming in a surprising 8th overall I considered the race a success.
As the months keep rolling away and the Achilles getting stronger I then began to ramp up the training. I started to put 15 hour weeks in and my legs started to take a toll. I felt stronger then ever though and joining the UB masters swim was extremely beneficial. Anyone that knows me, can easily tell you I suck at swimming. Always did and probably always will. I started to tie the three sports together by balancing out the training load per each sport. Racing a few races throughout the summer my eyes were set on Muskoka. 70.3 miles is a tough, but good race to compete in. As I enter my final weekend of longer rides and runs, I feel like I am in the best shape I have ever been in. Running and riding faster than ever, and even my swim stroke has approved.
Now that the hard part is done, its time to relax chill and gear up for September 13th. Where some of the finest Ironmen and women will enter the arena and swim bike and run to their fullest potential. Its going to be a bittersweet day and I am planning on enjoying ever minute of it. So for now, train smart, be good and enjoy your life. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment