Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Food For Thought and The Ideas for the Future



Lazy. Straight up Lazy. I woke up this morning with no desire to workout, and the thought of just sitting on my couch all day is sitting heavy right now. Save by The Bell on the goof box, Pink Floyd playing and some sun peeking through its another typical morning. Typical, a word Im getting sick of. Its like my weeks are being played on a record, same song different day and no variation anywhere in the near future. I can honestly say Im not the king of wild and crazy dreams, but there are some things I would love to do before I start my life. No I don't want to climb Mt. Everest (even though that'd be gnarly), but rather just go out and see the world and not care so much what shirt Im wearing or if I have a minor case of B.O, due to a lack of showering facilities. This past year an idea brewed between a friend of mine and myself about going backpacking in Europe. I can honestly say I am going to put this on top of my list of things to do in the next two years. As everyone knows Europe is not a cheap country, and I'm alright with taking out a loan to travel across the pond, and see all the diverse people and their cultures. The one thing that stops me is, no not money, but training. On any given day I'm up before 7:30, and three times a week my watch reads 5a.m. just to go wet at the UB pool. I can honestly say I love what I do, and I would miss it dearly, but I think within the next two years I am going to put it on hold. With Ironman Lake Placid next year I will be training my ass off just to get to the promise land in a respectable time. After Ironman who knows? Maybe it will be time for me to take a summer off and do something different with my life. You only live once right? Soooo, I wish I could grow a sack, put down my life for a few months and do what I want to do! Europe 2011 here we come. San Fran we will be seeing you too, so get the airplanes reeving and the hippies on Haight and Ashburry dancing because we will be there before you know it. If you have any desire to do something out of the norm, just do it. Cheers mates

No comments:

Post a Comment